Due to popular demand, we’ll start our monthly game-creating tutorial with an introductory tutorial on how to use Unity 5. This will be a hand-on course, so please come in with your laptop with Unity 5 installed! When you install it, don’t forget to check the “download Standard Assets” checkbox in the installer, because we’ll be needing it!
We’ll be making a simple 3D first-person perspective game that will cover the following topics:
- Importing pre-made assets
- Creating objects with super-fun physics
- Using images to add visually-pleasing patterns to your objects
- Learn what the heck materials are, and how to make your game look realistic (or shiny)
- How to manipulate the sun with lighting
- Adding sound effects
- Get a quick introduction on scripting
Edit: slides are now up!
As usual, please RSVP on either the Facebook event or the Meetup below: