Hello, fellow space cadets! Did you know everything in the TVGS is run by volunteers? It’s true! To open up these opportunities for the upcoming year, sign-up for the TVGS Volunteer Coordinator positions are now open at forms.gle/ErijjBzwYyYDddSq6!
The coordinator’s terms are six months long, and meets every Saturday from 3 – 5 PM (although often, the meeting ends up shorter than 2 hours). To nominate yourself or someone you know, fill out the form below:
So what does each coordinator do? They assemble and manage a team of volunteers to…
- Media Coordinator – Create, edit, and post promotional flyers for upcoming events and online recordings of talks. The coordinator ensures a standardized quality for all video, audio and image content for TVGS.
- Communications Coordinator – Be the first point of contact from the community, often through social media, newsletters, media posts, Discord, and more. They also handle moderating any online communications.
- Mentorship Coordinator – Organize educational lessons, including Orbit Mentorships, Lesson Night, #include game jams, and more.
- Fundraising Coordinator – Seek and apply for grants. They also organize fundraising campaigns, and solicit donations and sponsorship.
- Events Coordinator – Organize non-educational events, including Community Fair, Interactive Showcase, Game Club, Transmissions livestreams, Ludum Dare, and more.
- Outreach Coordinator – Contact and communicate with outside contacts and organizations.
- Web Coordinator – Improve and maintain the TVGS website and online services the organization uses.
- Coworking Coordinator – Improve and maintains the condition of the coworking office, with the goal of fostering growth in the membership and community.
If any of these positions sounds like something you’d fit in, great! Again the sign up form is at forms.gle/ErijjBzwYyYDddSq6
On the other hand, if all of this sounds quite intimidating but you’re still interested in helping TVGS’ cause, we have a webpage to get started on smaller, simpler responsibilities below. Be sure to check it out, and feel free to contact us on Discord for more information:
And don’t forget to shoot for the stars!